Cycling Australia (CA) is the peak body responsible for the sport of cycling in Australia as recognised by the International Cycling Union (UCI), the Australian Government (Australian Sports Commission and Australian Institute of Sport), the Australian Olympic Committee, Commonwealth Games Australia and the Australian Paralympic Committee.
CA is responsible for the management and development of the sport from the national team at the elite level, including Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games, through to grass roots’ community level participation.
The organisation is structured across the areas of High Performance, & Membership and Communications, Sport and Participation and Corporate Services including finance & administration and information technology.
Primary Job Purpose:
The Account Manager - Partnerships will be responsible for initiating, developing, servicing and maintaining corporate and government relationships, as well as managing all sponsorship activation requirements.
In addition to renewing existing partnerships, the Account Manager - Partnerships will assist in securing new sponsorship revenue across the portfolio of programs, events and digital assets to assist with achieving CA’s revenue targets.
The Account Manager - Partnerships will:
- Play a pivotal role in the fulfillment of the company’s contractual obligations to government and corporate partners.
- Manage the renewal process for partners, including development of proposals and contract negotiation in line with Commercial growth targets.
- Proactively work to identify, attract and secure new program and event sponsors at all levels in line with Commercial targets.
- Manage the government reporting process, including post event, progress reports and coordinating information for milestone payments for assigned partners.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned government partners throughout their agreement terms, in order to monitor and review milestones and to identify any areas for concern in advance
- Collaborate with the Operations, Marketing and Communications, Sport and Participation and the Australia Cycling Team departments to manage all deliverables within partners’ agreements and to maximise partnership opportunities.
- Manage regular contact with partners throughout their agreement terms, in order to monitor and review contractual benefits and to proactively present leverage ideas to effectively deliver against set objectives.
- Contract documentation and administration.
- Work with the relevant departments to deliver sponsor branding and coordinate branding approvals from partners.
- Prepare and/or coordinate online partner content for websites, enewsletters and athlete information guides.
- Work with the Operations, Marketing and Communications, Sport and Participation and the Australia Cycling Team departments to ensure Partner requirements are met at events.
- Develop post event reports and debrief with partners.
- Contribute to the overarching strategic vision of the partnership strategy.
- Assist with the design and delivery of all collateral requirements, eg clothing, event signage etc.
Issues and Challenges:
- The variety of programs, number of partners and variance of partnership conditions will require extensive and regular co-ordination and communication by the Head of Partnerships to stay up to date.
- Sensitivity to the differences between partnership arrangements and how that relates to National and UCI rules for teams' participation. Dealing with tight time lines, frequent changes in athlete composition and events will require flexibility and an understanding of the need to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Work cooperatively with the Chief Executive Officer and his reports to develop best practices for increasing partnerships and managing partner arrangements.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Working alongside Operations, Marketing and Communications, Sport and Participation, the Australia Cycling Team.
- Developing and being responsible for the strategies employed in partnership servicing and procurement.
- Be accountable for financial decisions made within the Account Management area, including budgeting, and ensure the program is managed within the prescribed budget.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Positive feedback from CA partners on the level of service they receive from CA.
- Positive feedback from within the company on working relationships and your contribution to the profile of the company
- Quarterly reporting showing
- Overall partner benefit and servicing costs.
- Partner benefits delivered and any shortfall in requirements.
- Partner value received.
- Partner additions and deletions.
- Partner retention
- At least 80% in Net Contribution $
- At least 80% in number
- Partner growth
- At least 20% in Net Contribution $
- At least 20% in number
Skills, Attributes & Experience Required:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a partnership account management/or related role.
- Outstanding client relationship management skills.
- Proven experience in initiation of new partnership through to closing.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Professional, enthusiastic, personable and able to work well with other team members.
- A high level of computer skills.
- While an interest or knowledge of cycling is not mandatory, it is highly desirable that the candidate has an understanding of the sporting landscape.