Role: Event Manager
Start Date: November
The Event Manager will oversee the development and delivery of several key events. The role will be responsible for all aspects of event delivery and project administration and management. This includes client servicing, scoping of requirements, preparation of project plans, budgets and reporting, on ground event operations as well as liaising with suppliers and stakeholders.
The Event Manager must be detail orientated, enthusiastic and motivated to exceed client’s expectations at all times. The role requires a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, while paying close attention to strict timelines.
We are a small team working with high profile clients to deliver world-class events. The event portfolio is forever growing, with a mixture of corporate venue-based events to large-scale outdoor sporting, food & wine, cultural and entertainment events.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategy and planning - Work closely with the Event Manager and Director to maintain a high standard of client servicing and event delivery.
- Project Management & Reporting – Creating detailed event project plans, to ensure timelines are met, clients are informed, and budgets are adhered to.
- Administration – Development of all documentation required for event approvals. Preparation of meeting agendas, minutes and progress reports to clients and Ted & Co Events Director.
- Supplier & Stakeholder Liaison – Working closely with event stakeholders to ensure event approval requirements are met and concerns addressed. Scoping of event requirements, liaison and negotiation with suppliers. Forming solid relationships with suppliers to ensure the best value and service for clients.
- Financial Management - Budget forecasting and planning to ensure events are delivered consistently, on budget and in a timely manner.
- People Management & WH&S – Recruitment, rostering and management of event staff and volunteers. Ensuring best practice and strict adherence to WH&S guidelines for working on events and event sites.
- Delivery of outstanding, world class events - Develop strategies to further enhance the look and feel of the events to ensure that customer satisfaction benchmarks are met or exceeded
- Minimum 2-3 years major event experience, particularly in outdoor events.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- A well-developed knowledge of event organisation, dealing with high-level stakeholders.
- Proven ability to multi-task and exercise forward-planning skills.
- An ability to work creatively, under pressure and to strict timelines.
The role involves weekend and out of hours work.
The role will initially be a 12 month fixed term contract.
About Ted & Co. Events
Ted & Co. Events is a boutique Sydney based agency specialising in end to end event delivery and project management across Australia. Our expertise lies in major event production, brand activation and project management across food, arts, culture, sport and corporate. No event is too big or small.
Ted & Co. has been responsible for the delivery of many major iconic Sydney and National events and offers a comprehensive range of event services and project management. Tailoring our services to the needs of the client Ted & Co. takes a collaborative approach to ensure the end result meets the brief. We pay close attention to the details to make every event unique, balanced, and memorable.
With over 25 years experience in major event delivery Ted & Co. has extensive networks with key industry stakeholders and suppliers in Sydney and across Australia, which are core to our business.