An injury does not have to mean the end of your training sessions.
Have the confidence to write a program that will keep your client moving on their way back to optimal function!
This practical workshop will provide you with the skills to provide your 1-on-1 clients with a personalised program, tailored to address their specific posture, dysfunctions or injuries, with the aim of restoring optimal function in the HIParea.
The workshop will cover the anatomy, common dysfunctions and functional assessment of the hip. From these foundations we will look at specific progressive strengthening techniques to address the common injuries and dysfunctions affecting the hip. This comprehensive section will look at specific muscles, how they contribute to hip function, and progressive exercise techniques to rehabilitate or strengthen the area.
Sign up today if you would like to:
- Understand how posture can affect muscle length and tension around the hip.
- Understand gravity’s effect on the hip joint.
- Be able to prescribe specific stretches and strengthening exercises to address the main concerns for all the common hip injuries.
- Perform specific length tests for muscles acting around the hip.
- Understand how to progress a program from isolated activation to more functional training for specific muscle groups associated with the hip.
- Understand the anatomy and function of the muscle groups associated with the hip.
- Understand how to activate individual muscles to ensure they are working properly before starting a strengthening program.
- Know the correct instructional cues to help your client activate individual muscles.
- Be able to demonstrate a variety of exercise progressions for each of the major muscle groups associated with the hip.
Accreditation with Fitness Australia (7 CECs), ESSA (10.5 CPDs), REPS NZ (6.5 CPDs), Physical Activity Australia (3 PDPs)